DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which one is better?

Whatever you said Tamil, depends upon your roles and responsibility on the current project. I've come across projects, where APPS DBA work both core DBA jobs and APPS related stuffs.

AMS_JAmali, it again depends on company, your potential, my salary figure was for top level indian companies.
    http://www.perf-engg.com
    A performance engineering forum

Quote Originally Posted by malay_biswal
    Whatever you said Tamil, depends upon your roles and responsibility on the current project. I've come across projects, where APPS DBA work both core DBA jobs and APPS related stuffs.

AMS_JAmali, it again depends on company, your potential, my salary figure was for top level indian companies.
    biswal bhaiya they offered me a salary of 50000 per annum. more over which top indian companies take freshers as DBA?? i heard tat there are no openings for freshers as DBA.... can anyone pls temme which company takes freshers as DBA... thanks in advance

I work for #1 Indian IT company. That's the salary offered in campus interview. FYI i conduct campus interview. If you get that much salary the company is blood suckers.
    http://www.perf-engg.com
    A performance engineering forum

Hi

Not a advise but some points
    Its very risky to offer a fresh person DBA sysadmin or network admin jobs.
    Companies would be scared.There are some companies that are willing to take that risk as they cannot afford risks and thats how you need to make a entry.
    You should be knowing Core DBA concepts before you become a Apps DBA.
    As apps DBA adds the appserver and the application on top of oracle.

Whatever you do you try to do it with sincerity and hard work you will succed.

regards
    Hrishy

Quote Originally Posted by hrishy
    Hi

Not a advise but some points
    Its very risky to offer a fresh person DBA sysadmin or network admin jobs.
    Companies would be scared.There are some companies that are willing to take that risk as they cannot afford risks and thats how you need to make a entry.
    You should be knowing Core DBA concepts before you become a Apps DBA.
    As apps DBA adds the appserver and the application on top of oracle.

Whatever you do you try to do it with sincerity and hard work you will succed.

regards
    Hrishy
    thank u hrishy bhaiya for ur kind advice... but i'm desperate to get a job in DBA and still i'm a fresher can i able to get a job in tat field?? if u know any lead can u pls guide me? thanks in advance

Go to an staffing agency.
    Don't get upset if you fail ten interviews in a row, take them as your interview training.
    Finally it will happen, get a job -any related job they offer you.
    Be humble, learn, be the can-do guy always willing to help.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

thank u for ur encouraging words .... i got an offer in a consultancy yesterday... but i was dejected seeing tat was a back door entry... eventhough tat was entry level for me to this field... it is an APPS DBA... wat is ur suggestion on this?

Hi Freshers,
    Try to break in first, things will follow you and have open mind for
    learning and grab this opportunity and use it to fullest and one day might come when we will be like the great and knowledgeable advisories in this forum like Hrishy,Davey23,PAVB,tamilselvan etc...,i lookup to these guys and get motivated to learn the hard way.It not what salary,designation or responibilites you have its how you could do it and be productive to the client so always consider your first job as a learning curve in your career .

Hi

If you are in india go to smaller companies not necessarily software companies find comapnies where you can start off with like manfacturing companies who have oracle.it would be tough initially most of us went through that phase,but you shouldnt give up and persist with your desire

regards
    Hrishy

thanx a lot .. i don't care about salary moreover i want to become a core DBA but the offer is for APPS DBA? wat can i do now? should i have to wait for the Core DBA opening or should go ahead wit this?