DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: asm_config

asm_config

Hi DBAs,

I'm trying to install 10g on an AIX 5.3 server using ASM. After completing the necessary pre-reqs getting my box ready, i'm running the installer to configure ASM; however, when i get to the point where i have to add the asm devices to be used for storage and choose the device path, rather than seeing the complete device path & size, i get a [111] on the location marked device path. Ofcourse i had to cancel the whole process.

I don't know if anybody's ever come across a situation like this, & if yes, how was it resolve.

Ur responses will be highly appreciated...

divroro12

Hi

click on the ASM Parameters button to specify exactly which directories Oracle should search for candidates for ASM disks

regards
    Hrishy

There's nothing here like ASM parameters. The OUI screen shows Configure Automatic Storage Management & below that u have : specify Disk group Characteristics and select disks.
    There's an option to Change disk Discovery Path, which is what i click on to specify where my devices are located...

Hi

What about the ownership and permissions on the raw disks ?

ownership should be oracle:dba and permissions should be 660 i think

regards
    Hrishy

I do think the permissions might be the issue. The ownership looked ok be4 i left my desk. Will keep u posted when i get back on my desk on Monday. I don't have remote access 2 my desktop @ work.

Thnx & have a nice weekend...

Well hrishy,

The permission issue has been taken care of, but i'm still facing the same problem.
    Now, when i select candidate disks after specifying my device path, i see nothing, but when i specify All Disks, i see the device i wanna use, but it's grided & doesn't allow me the possibility of selecting/checking it for use.

Does that make any sense?

divroro12

hrishy,

Below are the ownership & permissions to the device...did u succeed in finding out any possible causes why i can't see the device at all when i select Candidate Disks 7 can only see the graded view when i select All Disks?

crw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 20, 0 Nov 8 11:42 ora_db_hd1_35G

Regards,

divroro12

Hi

Nope i am stumped with your issue :-).

Did you raise a tar with Oracle Support on this preferably with a screenshot of the situation that you are having.

regards
    Hrishy

I'm doing that right now...

thnx...

divroro12

Hi

You can also post the screen shot here.

And if oracle support guys find a solution let us know the resolution too.

regards
    Hrishy