DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GSD service wouldn't start

GSD service wouldn't start

Hi Everyone,

I'm building an oracle 9i RAC on windows and after installing the CFS, the oracle software and doing the necessary patching, i tried creating the database using DBCA, but for reasons i can explain, the GSD service wouldn't start. I've tried starting this service both from the command prompt & from windows explorer, but none wouldn't work.

Can someone help me with this situation? I'm really desperate!

Thanks in advance...

Divine

log entries? error messages?

On the command prompt, i get the ff message: Failed to start GSD on local node.
    In windows explorer, the message i get is: The OracleGSDService on local computer started and then stopped. Some services start automatically if they have no wok to do, for example the Performance Logs and Alerts services.

Thnx...

Sorry, in windows explorer, Some services stop ( not start) automatically if they have............

Hi all,

Is anyone trying to help me on this issue? I still haven't been able to figure it out yet; I do really need your help!!

divroro12

Well,

I presume there's no one in this forum who's ever come across the problem i'm facing, not to talk of resolving it; so i guess i'll just go ahead & deinstall everything & start rebuilding from scratch...

noone will help you if you dont provide log files