DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Accessing Oracle Database programatically from a remote machine

Accessing Oracle Database programatically from a remote machine

How to access Oracle database from a remote machine on the network? i want to get the list of all files related to a database and their file path. can i access the database without Oracle client? i want to do all this programatically.

you can use jdbc, odbc

How do i get all the information using these?

using the internet

Does ODBC require any installations of oracle?

Does ODBC and JDBC provide all the information? i mean i want the following information on the datafile : Log mode, last SCN archived, current no of user sessions, maximum no of user sessions, tablespace status, total space allocatedm free space, space percentage, file path, version of the oracle server. also the folwing information on archive log : Log mode, last SCN archived, current no of user sessions, maximum no of user sessions, oldest online log sequence no, current online log sequence no, archived log destination, archived log format, automatic archive log purge option. further the followinf information on the control files : Log mode, last SCN archived, current no of user sessions, maximum no of user sessions. can ODBC help in these? I want to get all these information remotely. please help me as to how i can get all these details remotely.

do you know anything at all about computers?

yes ineed.. create your own application the like of OEM..
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Yes, ODBC requires Oracle client. Only JDBS Thin driver can operate without client
    BTW I wander do you have an idea about what scn and log mode means ;-)