DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delete RBS datafile ?

Delete RBS datafile ?

Hi All,

I have added a huge datafile in rollback tablespace big mistake. I like to detele this rollback segment datafile one. This rollback segment is offline and only used during creating big materilized views.

What will be the impact if drop rbs datafile using

alter database datafile 'disk10\oradata\rbs10.dbf' offline drop;

Thanks

As far as I remember the "offline drop" clause only applies if your database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode, is it?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

recover the file from your backup

Hi there,

I want to drop the rbs datafile, which added by mistake ?

How do I do it ?

you cant drop datafiles, especially undo ones - they are needed

Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks,

Could I resize them using

alter tablespace rsb_big01 resize datafile '/disk10/oradata/rbs10.dbf' 2000m;

I mean

alter database datafile '/disk10/oradata/rbs10.dbf' resize 2000M

Assuming you do not have used blocks in the portion you want to get rid of, yes, you can.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

if it's empty, althought I doubt it you can do alter tablespace xxx drop datafile