10g R2 Single Instance to RAC(HP-UX with CFS)
We have Oracle 11i (18.104.22.168) e-business setup. We have upgraded the database to 10g R2.The database is running on HP-UX 11i(11.23). The entire setup is running in 3 tiers.
Forms & Web on one Tier, Reports & Concurrent Manager on other Tier and Database on the other Tier.
Now we would like to convert this single instance database to RAC database. So, I would like to know what is the procedure for this.
We would be using HP-UX CFS with Service Guard. If any one has done a similar thing or has idea about this please share the information with me.
Are the following steps correct:
1) Stop the complete application tier.
2) Stop the Database.
3) Move Databasefiles, Controlfiles, Redologs & Archivelogs to the newly
created respective Cluster Filesystems from Local Filessystem.
3) Modify init.ora file for control_files, log_archive_dest_n entries
and re-create the spfile.
4) Startup Database Mount.
5) Rename Redologs & Datafiles with new names.
6) Open the Database.
7) Shutdown the Database again.
8) Install the Oracle Clusterware on existing Database Node.
9) Start the Oracle Clusterware.
10) Modify the spfile and add Cluster Database parameters.
11) Register the database in the OCR Registry.
12) Now, prepare the second node of the two node RAC.
13) Install Oracle Clusterware & Oracle RAC binaries on the second node.
14) Join this to the existing single instance RAC Database.
15) Do a final test by shutting down and starting the services etc.
Our Current Version is 10g R2 (10.2.0.2). But, we want to have our final version as 10.2.0.3. But, any how I would like to know whether the following steps are correct:
1) Install Oracle Clusterware 10.2.0.1 in the new CRS ORACLE_HOME using
the same oraInventory location as the existing 10.2.0.2 ORACLE_HOME.
2) Install Oracle 10.2.0.1 RAC Software using the same oraInventory location
in the above step.
3) Install Database Components from Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1 Companion CD.
4) Upgrade Oracle Clusterware Software from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3
5) Upgrade Oracle RAC Software from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3
6) Upgrade the existing 10.2.0.2 (Old ORACLE_HOME) Single Instance
Database to 10.2.0.3 using DBUA from the newly installed 10.2.0.3
7) Use rconfig/DBCA to convert the Database to RAC Database.
8) Post RAC Migration Steps.
Do you plan to use ASM for managing the database ?
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width