DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: migration from hp-ux PA-RISC to linux

migration from hp-ux PA-RISC to linux

Does anybody know any document or steps for migration from hp-ux PA-RISC to linux. Its urgent.

What's wrong with the standard migration documentation?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I need very specific to HP-UX PA-RISC to linux and its not there.

Are you just moving database from one box to the other -same Oracle version- or are you doing that and also upgrading Oracle version?

What's the size of your database?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

no we are shifting full EBS from one platform to another.....

Okay, same Oracle version and I'm assuming a not VLDB so... why don't you just followed standard documentation?

Here is a hint...
    1- Install Oracle in new environment.
    2- Create database in new environment.
    3- Do full export on old instance.
    4- Do full import on new instance.
    5- Check logs and fix whatever got wrong.
    6- Relax and enjoy.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov