DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with Import of Trigger and Sequence Oracle8i

Problem with Import of Trigger and Sequence Oracle8i

Hallo
    i make export and import of Oracle8i and get one of my trigger invalid in the imported database. During the import process the trigger was compiled but with warnings (IMP-00041):
    PLS-00201: Identifier 'xxxsequence' muss be declared
    xxxtrigger TRIGGER 2 18 4
    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored

I make a select of this xxxsequence in the trigger. The user that makes the import has all rights for xxxsequence. I think that it may be occurs because of the import order:
    first compile the trigger than the sequence...

My question: do you know that problem? Is there may another explaination? Or can I turn the import order in some way?

Thank you for any help

ip

there would be obiviously some objects in invalid state due to miscallenous reasons.. you gotta re-compile after sucessful import of the objects.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Hi Abhaysk

thanks, I did that already, but I wanted to know whether there is a way to configure the import so, that it inserts sequences first and then triggers
    I read that Oracle makes a recompile when you use the first time an invalid object, is there any reason not to use that? (time performance may be?)

Not a lot of exp/imp in your life, huh?

You are thinking on it as if it was a problem; you have to think of it as it is a feature. Nobody asks a dog why it behaves like a dog; that's what dogs do.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

PAVB, i see you use same comments (alteast alike).. lol
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Ok, thank you guys