DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data Base Conexion Trough MS-DOS

Data Base Conexion Trough MS-DOS

_-_ Hello _-_

Is it possible to connect to a data base trough command line in MS-DOS, i´m trying to make a Batch file to connect an oracle data base 9i, but I don´t know what code to include to make the conexion, please help me.

Tsilva

It is possible, but it depends on what you want to do. You can create an .sql file and call that from the command line with sqlplus.

i.e.
    sqlplus system/manager@mysid @mysqlfile.sql

But shell scripting is much easier in Unix/Linux. Dos is not a programming language. You can also do something with perl, python, etc.

What kind of script are you trying to write?

Exclamation

The script I´m trying to write has to execute a command to obtain some info, then I will send that info into a table of a database, I think doing this using batch files because the info is in a windows ambient, what do you suggest ?

Tsilva

If you are trying to move data from Oracle to SQL Server or MS-Access I would suggest to use SQL Server or MS-Access tools.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.