DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: install Oracle 10gR2 RAC on OEL5

install Oracle 10gR2 RAC on OEL5

We are trying to install Oracle 10gR2 Clusterware and RAC on Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 (OEL5). We are referring Oracle document B14203-08 (the document is mainly for Linux 3 or 4 but this is the latest Oracle document on this topic). The document talked about using rawdevices service for mapping the raw device to block device. But OEL5 doesn't have rawdevices service anymore. Anyone knows a new approach on doing this? Thank you.

ASM provides you near raw device performance. ASM was developed by Oracle's same team that developed RAC, integrates smoothly and works great!
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

jiong

you have to use udev for your ocr/voting disks

Thank you PAVB and Pando for your reply. Actually I am using ASM and udev for my 1ogR2/Linux 4 configuration. It's just what changes are there in Linux 5 on this part that I don't know yet.