DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 7 and Unix11

Oracle 7 and Unix11

Hi,
    I have this application that I am supporting, which previously had Unix 9, Oracle 7, and Tuxedo 6. Suddenly they migrated all the three softwares to Unix 11, Oracle 9 and Tuxedo 8. When I joined the company(after this migration), I checked the code, and the code is giving a core dump at one of the tuxedo calls. My question is whether we can jump to new softwares with missing the middle versions. Also can anybody let me know if Unix 11 is compatible with Oracle 7, because we are planning to revert everything back and start one at a time.

Thanks

what is unix 11? - anyway it depends on the tuxedo software if that is core dumping then perhaps you should look at that

Oracle 7 and Unix11

Unix 11 is the Unix OS version 11.0
    I wanted to know its compatibility with Oracle 7, if we decide to revert it back. Also the core dump is actually at a OCI call statement, which we are using in the C program.

Thanks
    Last edited by kpm5589; 08-21-2007 at 05:57 PM.

Answering your final question: Yes, you can run Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 11

You are not alone, we still have that paleolithic setup to support a third party application that refuses to be moved to a later Oracle version.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

there is no such things as UNIX 11

Quote Originally Posted by pando
    there is no such things as UNIX 11

rnxdp103-oracle/ > uname -a
    HP-UX rnxdp103 B.11.00 U 9000/800 647383313 unlimited-user license

You are going to have a hard time getting HP to understand they never had a version 11
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

That is HP-UX not UNIX!

hey!... don't get mad at me LOL

I know Pando but after being in HP shops for a long time you get used to hear people saying "Unix 11" -as the OP said- when they refer to HP-UX 11

Is that fair enough?... tie?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov