DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help with words for resume

Unhappy

people,
    i just got laid off today as a apps dba and i need some help in writint an apps dba resume. How do i qualify my position as and how do show that i have had experience with oracle database etc.

thanks
    Jig

Sorry to hear you got laid off. I'm recently out of school and while I'm working with applications as more or less the only dba my experience is limited and I haven't thought about what I would put on my resume yet. However some quick searches turned up some examples. You could also look for other peoples resumes on large job sites that have similar qualifications to get an idea.

[url]http://www.us-dtc.com/frank.htm[/url]

Also, check out job postings to see what they're looking for, and match up things you've done with requirements. Tailor your resume to the position you're interested in. An example (but from a normal serach engine so proably an old posting). Of course never say you've done something you haven't as it will most likely come back to haunt you, but there's nothing wrong with hand writing your resume to match exactly what they were looking for.

[url]http://job4.cbdr.com/Scripts/cgihndlr.exe/RT=TE/TEM=tedtl01.nst/LR=L/JB=11282/S1=421192/R=421192/TECT=1/PT=2[/url]

Also remember that your resume only gets you the interview. Obviously a pre-requesite of getting the job, but they might pick 20 resumes and only one person, so make sure your interview skills/knowledge are up to par.

I think i could give some points about apps dba resposibilities

1. User Account administration .

add/delete users and password administration.
    define levels of access.
    Define users (general,advanced,developer,dba etc) & what limits are on those accounts.
    passoword administration

2. Quota management.

3. Support user getting information out of db

4. Resource consumption

5. Monitoring database

6. Proactive on long running queries / get the long running query from database and tune it .

thanks

send me your email. I will send you a couple of resumes for you to see how yours should look like

thanks

my email is
    jigarlakhani@yahoo.com

the dba,

I will apprecite it if you can copy me on the resume message also - nabaig@riyadh.ingr.com

Thanks,
    Nizar.