DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: data block corruption urgent plz....

data block corruption urgent plz....

hi,

oracle:10.2

Last saturday while taking backup (export) via TOAD i got an error like "there is no enough space in the output dumpfile specified location (E drive)".
    There is no enough space in the E: drive to a full DB backup so my export session terminated.

In that E: i have three datafiles.

My problem is, yesterday i cant start my database it gives error like
    "cant read datafile header 13
    I/O datablock corruption error" the datafile which is in the E drive is corrupted.

my question is, Did the export which i took last saturday caused this? plz give me some sugesstions. am in a critical situ...

Thanx...

It doesn't matter what corrupted your datafile; just hope you have a real backup and not an export.

By the way, still amazes me yet, it doesn't surprises me anymore how people insist to put the words "backup" and "export" in the same phrase. If you do not have a real backup you are going to learn now "export is not a backup"
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

As PAVB said, if you do not have real backup, then recreate the database, import last good dump and let the people reenter all the data since the last dump

1st find out which block are corrupted by using DBVERIFY utility.

C:\>dbv file =''your file name'' example =e:\oracle\oradata\test\hr.dbf

Than you realize which block are corrupted.

Suppose "datafile 13 block 50000 and 5505"

Go to RMAN prompt

RMAN> blockrecover datafile 13 block 5000,5505;

Those step only work if you have physical backup.
    Last edited by liakat; 07-27-2007 at 01:39 AM.