DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: multiplexing Vs mirroring

multiplexing Vs mirroring

Hi
    Could you tell me, what is the difference between mirroring and multiplexing in oracle database(like multiplexing datafile,mirroring control file)?....

What exactly mean by mirroring and monitoring...?

Thanks and Regards.

What exactly mean by mirroring and monitoring...?

there r no relationship between mirroring and monitoring.

Then what is mirroring, monitoring.....?

Hi,
    Do you expect us to create a training material especially for you? Please read more careful and when you have more specific questions than "What that means , why it is needed and how it operates" come back
    About the multiplexing, this is a term that Oracle uses for keeping multiple identical copies of the same file, when these files are of particular importance and their lost would possibly cause data loss ( i.e redo log files and control file)
    The term MULTIPLEXING is used to distinguish between this mechanism, supported by Oracle and operating at file level and the mirroring - supported by the OS or the storage and operating on disk level.

Bore, you are a Saint.

OP was horrendous, the measure of how bad it was is given by the fact even liakat got it; this is going from bad to worst LOL
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.