DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hybrid Environment

Hybrid Environment

Hey Guys, I am still in a thinking stage and will like to learn from your experience, and was wondering if any of you folks have a hybrid environment i.e. Linux and Proprietary systems and what kind of issues do you run into. And also, what pieces of technology you have - which are open source and which ones you have are proprietary and any changes you anticipate 1 year out. Greatly appreciate your help. - John Smith

It depends on two things, investment and need.

Enterprise:
    If they are tech savy and would invest in tools, resources and equipment to get the technology to run the business. Big tech team.

Hybrids:
    If they just want to run the business with out much investment on equipments and licenses going for open sources and have the minimal in functionality. They get to do the best with the availability. small tech team.

I would say the propreitary businesses, go for the later and enterprise level business choose the former. I would say that depends on the kind of business they run and ROI. When they get the ROI they may invest on high technology. Businesses run on this idealogy.