DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: parsing of a query

parsing of a query

Hi

i am writting this query :
    " select * from emp where ename='BINOY'; "
    and if i write same query with different data set will it be parsed again. or no parsing will be done by oracle server.

for ex : if i write same query like this :

" select * from emp where ename='VINAY'; "
    then will it be parsed again.

so... what's your question?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

my question is
    if i write same SQL with different data sets then will that query be parsed by oracle server or not
    since the commands resides in libraray cache.

also tell me is there any way to sort out mutating table trigger error other than Autonomous Transaction

1- Query Parsing when using Literals

Your queries might look similar but are different, Oracle will parse your query each time you submit it.
    Use bind variables.

2-Mutating Table caused by Trigger

In the Oracle world you don't want to have a trigger pointing to the same table the trigger is sitting in. Very bad mojo.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.