DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Error while importing into oracle 10.1 using 10.2 Client

Error while importing into oracle 10.1 using 10.2 Client

Hai every body,
    I have a client db dump taken from oracle 10.2 DB using a 10.2 client. But what I have is 10.1 DB. While importing I got errors. Hence i installed a 10.2 client and tried importing into 10.1 using the 10.2 client. But then i got the following error.

IMP-00058: ORACLE error 6550 encountered
    ORA-06550: line 1, column 33:
    PLS-00302: component 'SET_NO_OUTLINES' must be declared
    ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
    PL/SQL: Statement ignored
    IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully
    Since its a client DB, i cannot ask for exporting again. Is there any way to solve this issue. I mean, i need to import a 10.2 dump into a 10.1 DB either using 10.1 client or 10.2 client.

regards
    Issac

It is not supported to import a dump from later version into earlier, so that is not a surprise.
    Maybe you can connect to 10.2 with 10.1 exp and try exporting with 10.1 client

Regards

Issac, You might want to check Metalink Note:132904.1 -Compatibility Matrix for Export & Import Between Different Oracle Versions
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.