DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing GridControl10g

if you are using you must pay for it - hope you know that

Thumbs up

The Oracle website ( http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/index.html) says:

"All software downloads are free, and each comes with a Development License that allows you to use full versions of the products only while developing and prototyping your applications. You can buy products with full-use licenses at any time from the online Store or from your sales representative."

Now I am just using it to teach myself, I am not developing any applications or prototyping anything. Do I still need to buy licenses and stuff?

no thats fine

Phew thats a relief

Hi.

Just a quick suggestion. You could consider using Oracle Enterprise Linux. This i a clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but most importantly it is a supported distribution. It is in fact the only supported free distribution.

Note. You can install and run it in a production environment for free, but you have to pay if you want support and package updates. If you are happy to only apply critical updates when the respins are released, rather than daily, it is a great way to reduce costs.

Cheers

Tim...
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog