DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Message 26 not found

Message 26 not found

Currently using Oracle 8.1.7.

I am trying to access some data in a table and I connect to the database fine but when I try to do a select statement, I receive the following message:

Message 26 not found; no message folder for product = SVRMGR; facility = MGR

What is missing?

Are you sure you have set the proper oracle_home, oracle_sid?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

No...unfortunately I am going at this blindly because we are accessing a server/database that is not local and outsourced by another company. I am using SQL Plus to get what I need.

Thank you.

OK...
    are you positive the target database is up-and-running and, in good shape?
    what's the ORA error you are getting after your "Message 26..." one?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I can access the data fine using SQL Plus so I will assume it is up and running. I am not getting an ORA message in SQL Worksheet just the Message 26... The message appears below the list of column names.

Does it means you are able to connect/query with no problems using SQL Plus?... same table, same everything?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

That is correct.

I'm assuming you are running both SQLPlus and SQLPlus Worksheet on the same client machine, am I right?

If that is the case, how many ORACLE_HOMEs do you have in that machine? do you have just one client or do you have multiple Oracle clients each one with its own ORACLE_HOME therefore, multiple TNSNAMES.ORA files?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

To be honest, I don't know. I did a search on ORA_HOMES and it found a lot of areas as well as finding a bunch of tsnames.ora in many places. I just started looking at this database yesterday.

I am just going to go back to the source and see if they can just provide us with the information so we are not fishing for information.

You don't have to pursue this anymore, but I really do appreciate your help.