DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with expdp with transportable tablespaces

Problem with expdp with transportable tablespaces

Hi :

I am trying expdp and impdp with transportable tablespaces. Please let me know if I am missing something.

1. I have tried the export as follows :
    expdp system/xxxxx dumpfile=dump_from_tts.dmp directory=TTSDIR transport_tablespaces=tbs01,tbs02,tbs03 transport_full_check=Y
    2. I have then copied dump_from_tts.dmp and the datafiles associated with tbs01, tbs02 and tbs03 to the target system.
    3. When I try the import in the target system, I am getting the following problem

imdp system/xxxx parfile=par.f where par.f contents are

DIRECTORY=NEWDIR
    DUMPFILE=dump_from_tts.dmp
    TRANSPORT_DATAFILES=/orahome/tbs01_01.dbf,/orahome/tbs01_02.dbf,/orahome/tbs02.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_01.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_02.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_03.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_04.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_05.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_06.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_07.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_08.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_09.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_10.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_11.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_12.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_13.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_14.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_15.dbf,/orahome/tbs03_16.dbf
    remap_schema=sch01:sch02

The error I am getting is the following

Import: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production on Tuesday, 26 June, 2007 10:59:50

Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
    Master table "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_TRANSPORTABLE_01" successfully loaded/unloaded
    Starting "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_TRANSPORTABLE_01": system/******** parfile=par.f
    Processing object type TRANSPORTABLE_EXPORT/PLUGTS_BLK
    Processing object type TRANSPORTABLE_EXPORT/TABLE
    ORA-39151: Table "sch02"."test01" exists. All dependent metadata and data will be skipped due to table_exists_action of skip
    ORA-39151: Table "sch02"."test02" exists. All dependent metadata and data will be skipped due to table_exists_action of skip
    ORA-39151: Table "sch02"."test02" exists. All dependent metadata and data will be skipped due to table_exists_action of skip
    etc....

even though sch02 on the target is a new user without any objects in the dictionary. Please let me know what I am missing.

Thanks.

are you positive offending objects are not already there?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

yes i am positive that the objects do not already exist.

Check your character set and nls_ settings They should be the same in the both DB's
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

The character set and nls_settings are the same in both the databases.

Can you try the same import without remaping the schemas:
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

I commented out the remap_schema option and the import worked. So what is the problem with having the remap_schema option? That is necessary for us because we will be moving data from production to test environment and we should be able to remap the schema.