DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i can't save/update a record.

i can't save/update a record.

im trying to save data from this query and i could not save. it says transaction completed (or whatever is that) but when i try to query it again, it does not reflect at all! how is this? i mean, i am not getting any error messages and that column does exist but i still can't save a thing.

can someone please help? do i need to add a trigger? i've added commit_form in the update procedure and it doesn't work...

thanks in advance
    SOMETIMES all we need are just SIMPLE answers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    be proud to be a filipino. be proud to be asian. be proud that your race is a maharlika.

seriously is that all you are putting?

Quote Originally Posted by davey23uk
    seriously is that all you are putting?
    well...i've finished it already...there are a lot of new things in this module that i am working on than i thought...

and i found out what he did...took me a day to look for the codes he have used with other items...

be proud to be a filipino. be proud to be asian. be proud that your race is a maharlika.

so... next time keep working rather than posting the first non-sense that comes to your mind.

You will complete your assignment earlier.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    so... next time keep working rather than posting the first non-sense that comes to your mind.

You will complete your assignment earlier.
    wow...people here are so unwelcoming to newbies...well, if that's what all you guys want... i mean, so that's why there aren't a lot of forumers here... coz most of them have been shove off by all knowing guys like you two...

goodluck to you both anyways!