DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Management Server (9i)

Oracle Management Server (9i)

Hi,

I need to use the Export/Import Utility for data migration. This requires that I should login to the OEM to use the Oracle Management Server. However, I’m having all kinds of problems logging into this server, despite following all the help utilities provided.

Can someone help me?

why do you think you need log in to oem? just use the command line tool

but yet you say you are having all kinds of problems but dont say what they are!

Oracle Management Server (9i)

Well i know i can use the command line, but i also need to be able to use the Export?Import Utility using the OMS. When i try to login to the OMS, this is the error message i get:

"VTK-1000: Unable to connect to the management server nn.nnn.nn.nnn (n represents different digits of my computer's ip address). Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and status of the Oracle Management Server".

do you actually have a management server, i doubt very much you have one on your local pc

Yes, i believe i do. I have Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition Installed on my Labtop. Doesn't this installation come with the management server, or do i need to install the management server separately?

if you didnt create one, you dont have one

So how do i go about creating an OMS?

Do you need OMS or do you need Exp/Imp for a data migration project?
    What's your priority?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Well i just figured how to confihure OMS using the OEM configuration assistant.

Thnx...