DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 10g dbua issue

10g dbua issue

Hi folks, I'm upgrading a 9.2.0.6 database to 10.2.0.1, but am coming up against an issue where dbua is telling me that the upgrade can't progress because:

For input string: ""
    Upgrade configuration file
    /path/to/upgrade.xml
    is not a valid xml file

I had this issue with another database and after some searching discovered that changing the sys user's temporary tablespace to be locally managed rather than dictionary, the dbua proceeded. I have done the same with this database to now avail. Apart from this tweak, does anyone else have any idea what the problem is and whether there's a workaround? Thanks in advance.
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.

http://www.skillbuilders.com/downloa...rade+Guide.pdf

Hope this helps, there is a note about manually getting rid of that file IF you are rerunning dbua.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Merci beaucoup! The document was useful insofar as confirming me in my belief that I had done everything necessary, with the exception of changing system's temporary tablespace to the newly created one too. Having done that, the upgrade sailed through.

Again, many thanks.
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.