DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DDL for Views and Procedures..

DDL for Views and Procedures..

Hello all..

I need to backup ( DDL scripts) all the Views and Procedures for a Schema called 'XYZ'. How do we do it ?..

I know EXP/IMP will backup tables, views, and all that kind of stuff. But i want to backup the DDL definitions of only the VIEWS and Procedures ..

Any help is appreciated..

thanks
    Ron

You can either...

1) Export with rows=n, which will export all your DDL
    or
    2) Extract DDL using any tool that allows it
    or
    3) Extract DDL one by one using DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL system package.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

dbms_metadata can be used, support PAVB
    Also, after the export , one can import using
    imp username/password show=y log=file.txt

this will not perform an import, but will dump all the SQLs that normally would be executed to the log file

Talking

-- OR --
    Download SQL Developer (free from Oracle).

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA

-- OR --
    Download SQL Developer (free from Oracle).
    I'm wondering what part of "Extract DDL using any tool that allows it" wasn't clear
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Talking

There are many tools to extract DDL, but it's allways good to specify a free tool by Oracle in case the OP does not know about it!

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb