DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait events

man... I don't know how to put this nicely, lets try this: you are wrong lol

System is not "waiting for the user to type in", system is waiting 'cause of application is forcing too many round-trips in between Server and Client. This is an application issue which can be solved by identifying offending queries and fixing them.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    man... you are wrong lol

"Cat thinks the world is dark when it closes its eyes"

system is waiting 'cause of application is forcing too many round-trips in between Server and Client. This is an application issue which can be solved by identifying offending queries and fixing them
    You are right, what you said above is one of the reason and what I said is also one of the reason.

Long before I read a book Optimizing Oracle Performance By Cary V. Millsap. It cleary says what all the reasons for "SQL*Net message from client". This would clear all your doubts. Did'nt you read?

oh man, you have a comparative advantage over me, you read books!

How crazy is that? LOL
    Last edited by PAVB; 05-22-2007 at 05:34 PM.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

tabreaz, may I ask do you have a performance problem, or you are just tuning around? From what you have posrted, the db seems to be pretty idle, so .... if you are just tuning around, I belive you just waste your time

Regards
    Boris

As crazy as people born with horns

The bottom line is:

You can't derive useful conclusion from the aggregated values. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by tamilselvan
    The bottom line is:

You can't derive useful conclusion from the aggregated values. Period.
    ... meaning?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov