DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Error while executing DB link

Error while executing DB link

Hi ALL,
    I am facing a problem in DB link.
    I am able to create DB link but while executing the query or testing the link it is showing the following Error:

Ora-12154[/B]:TNS:Could Not Resolve Service Name

Though there is entry for Both DB in Tnsnames.ora File and also Both are Oracle DB.
    Also i have tried giving the whole connection String in DB link Syntax
    Can anyone help pls.....

This one is for simple DB link and not public DB Link.

Can you ping the target box?
    Can you tnsping the target database?
    Other than thinking you have the right tnsnames entry... have you double-checked if you really have it?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

May be ur database is down when ur trying to use that link..! Make sure with ur env guys when u face this problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by raviindbaworld
    May be ur database is down when ur trying to use that link..! Make sure with ur env guys when u face this problem again.
    Wrong answer... what part of "Ora-12154[/b]:TNS:Could Not Resolve Service Name" wasn't clear enough?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Post your tnsnames.ora
    Post your Create statement for the databaselink

Make sure with ur env guys when u face this problem again
    uhmm env guys ?