DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem in query at remote location

Problem in query at remote location

We are facing one problem at one of our remote side.

Our application is developed in Forms/Report 6i and Oracle 9.2.0.7.

There are three remote locations are connected to our database.

Out of three two are with radio link and one is through VPN.

Applications are resides at local server at remote locations only database they are accessing. Application runs smoothly at all sites.

But at one location some time users are facing problem to query some transaction. (which is connected through radio link)

Suppose PR (Purachse Reuisition). One or two PR they are not able to query.

There is no complex query in this FORM.

I have check following :

1. Take user session trace : Forms is master detail. - No problem found.
    in v$session_wait - SQL*Net wait from client - no other wait

2. Radio Link : 3rd party support - according them everything is fine.

3. Same PR users can query at all other location execept one location.
    (If this problem related to database then other locations may face same problem.)

4. I have also tried to query same PR using dial up connection - it works fine.

Only one location, which is connected throgh radio link, is facing this problem.

2. Radio Link : 3rd party support - according them everything is fine.

The above might not be TRUE

you havent actually said what the problem is

Could you please post full error stack, please?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

There is not error. I have also checked alert log.

When user tries to qeury, the application looks hang. User has to end-task the application.

Same time if i query v$session_wait - only "SQL*Net wait from client" wait - no other wait.

Can the user...

1- ping the DB box?
    2- tnsping the DB instance?
    3- successfuly run a select sysdate from dual@your-dblink-name ?

Can you...

1- See the user's query in the target DB?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

1- ping the DB box? : Yes
    2- tnsping the DB instance? : Yes
    3- successfuly run a select sysdate from dual@your-dblink-name ? There is no db-link.

But i found that user's application hangs up during detail record query. I am not sure, I have checked this from TOAD - Session info.

I have also succefully run that SQL statement from Sqlplus from user's machine. Not only that sql statment, all the statement belonging to that FORM. This problem is only from FORM.

And same time that user can query other records (Purchase Requistion) except only one.

I'm sorry about the DBLink mention... had other issue -involving DBLink cooking in my back burner.

So... remote user can do whatever he/she needs to do but query a specific set of data?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Yes PAVB, you are right.

"So... remote user can do whatever he/she needs to do but query a specific set of data?"

Is there any way to trace out this problem?

Sure. Just trace it.

You can check Metalink Note:376442.1 for details about how to trace it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov