Sr. Oracle DBA
Xerox Corporation is a $15.7 billion technology and services enterprise that helps businesses deploy Smarter Document Management(SM) strategies and find better ways to work. Our intent is to constantly lead with innovative services, products and technologies that customers can depend upon to improve business results.
As a part of the Xerox Global Services organization, Xerox Litigation Services (XLS) provides in-house counsel and their outside law firms an enterprise-wide discovery management process with services that mitigate risk, control costs, and allow you access to critical information, anytime, anywhere.
XLS is built on a unique combination of the most scalable, high performance discovery management technology and largest group of experienced discovery consultants and professionals in the industry.
Senior Oracle DBA Located in Albany, NY
- Experience supporting Oracle 10g Production Databases.
- At least 2 years experience with Data Guard in a production environment.
- Administers and maintains and supports production database environments along with multiple QA and development environments.
- Support mission critical systems in a 24X7 environment.
- Plan and implement database upgrades as needed.
- Ability to analyze and resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues
- Administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the Availability, security and integrity of all company databases.
- Coordinate with technical project managers, PL/SQL developers, and DBA Team to ensure database performance and reliability.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of technology and production processes company-wide.
- Regular communication to management concerning a project's status, potential risks, concerns, problems, and needs.
- Keep abreast of new design tools, hardware, software, and technology and make recommendations for future deployment.
- Write custom scripts to automate various daily DBA operations
- Document and improve existing processes
- Experience with Shell scripting
- Experience with external storage arrays, fiber channel switches and HBAs and SCSI raid storage devices.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Oracle 10g Certification Preferred
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL
- Must have 6+ years experience in Oracle (8, 9i, 10g - including RAC)
- 2 years experience with Data Guard
- Must have experience on Linux
- Must have backup and recovery experience including RMAN
- Experience with database monitoring tools
- Must have hands on experience with Export/Import, SQL Loader
- Must have knowledge of Data warehouse design and Implementation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership capabilities, and communication and documentation skills
- Ability to be proactive and work well under pressure.
Drawing on diversity of a global workforce and offering an equal opportunity to achieve success. EOE M/F/D/V.
For more information about our opportunities, please apply online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP...=194&siteid=80 or send me your Word format resume at email@example.com.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width