DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORA-00030: User session ID does not exist

ORA-00030: User session ID does not exist

Hi,

I have kill one of the oracle session, but when i tried to kill it give the ora-0030 error.

Please find the attached test log file with this.

What could be workaround and on which situation this error will occur.

Thanks,
    Adhi

Test_log.txt

Error: ORA 30
    Text: user session ID does not exist
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cause: The user session ID no longer exists, probably because the session was
    logged out from oracle.

But the thread still exists at the O.S. level for some amount of time.

interesting theory pareshjavkar but... your theory does not explains why offending session is showing up in v$session as showed on adityaPB's query
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB
    interesting theory pareshjavkar but... your theory does not explains why offending session is showing up in v$session as showed on adityaPB's query
    Dear PAVB,

The text.log shows us the sql named "active" not the query inside it.

interesting thing will be to find out what it is and what is the status column value for which the user is trying to kill the session.

Quote Originally Posted by pareshjavkar
    The text.log shows us the sql named "active" not the query inside it.

interesting thing will be to find out what it is and what is the status column value for which the user is trying to kill the session.
    mmhhh... and... can you tell me how this relates to AdityaPB's question/issue?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

mmhhh... and... can you tell me how this relates to AdityaPB's question/issue?
    The session Aditya is trying to kill must already have been killed?

Although it should get you the error "session marked for kill", but you never know the exceptions !!!

I hope, i am clear enough to answer your question PAVB rather than Aditya's.

Just a question to "PAVB" can you provide your analysis PLEASE on Aditya's query.

Dear pareshjavkar --
    When I'm not sure or I just "don't know" I usually restrain myself of doing any random-typing.
    When facing a question the best thing you can do is to give a valid answer, clear and to the point.
    The second best thing you can do is "nothing".
    What you do... random-guessing-typing doesn't help much
    You are not getting paid by the answer so... just let go the ones you have no clue about ;-)

PS: I'm in this thread just to keep you honest
    Last edited by PAVB; 04-13-2007 at 08:56 AM.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Dear pareshjavkar --
    When I'm not sure or I just "don't know" I usually restrain myself of doing any random-typing.
    When facing a question the best thing you can do is to give a valid answer, clear and to the point.
    The second best thing you can do is "nothing".
    What you do... random-guessing-typing doesn't help much
    You are not getting paid by the answer so... just let go the ones you have no clue about ;-)

PS: I'm in this thread just to keep you honest

Dear PAVB,

Try this out, Login from 10 to 15 sessions with the same username into the database.

Create a dynamic sql to kill the session, See below how to ...

SELECT 'ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION ' ||''''||SID||','||SERIAL#||'''' ||' ;' FROM v$session WHERE USERNAME NOT IN ('SYS') and username is not null and status='ACTIVE';

execute the sql generated.

QUICKLY do the following from the other SQL prompt: (and do it QUICKLY)

SQL> select username, sid, serial# from v$session where username='one of which you killed';

You might get two replies by SQL prompt:

"session marked for kill"

or the one which Aditya is facing above i.e. (i hope you know what error he got).

The above is technical aspect, now let me tell, if you look into the things very minutely, which i think you should start doing, showing the direction towards the solution MIGHT lead to some solution (maybe correct or incorrect), but typing NOTHING will surely lead you nowhere, will stand where you are.

P.S: Thanks for accepting HONESTLY you don't know anything about Aditya's problem. I appreciate

hey paresh... could you speak a little louder please? can't hear ya 'cause of all the white-noise LOL ...

Nice try but still unrealated to original issue.

Man... you have the ability to change the question to match you answer... I'm afraid you are in the wrong field, go to politics, you certainly have a great future there.

...and have a nice life!

By the way... I pray God gives you twice of what you are asking God to give me
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

hey paresh... could you speak a little louder please? can't hear ya 'cause of all the white-noise LOL ...

Nice try but still unrealated to original issue.

Man... you have the ability to change the question to match you answer... I'm afraid you are in the wrong field, go to politics, you certainly have a great future there.

...and have a nice life!

By the way... I pray God gives you twice of what you are asking God to give me
    Have u atleast made an effort to try and do what i said?

Please explain me what is Aditya's problem, i am bad at understanding.