DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Direct load through jobs hangs in 9i

Direct load through jobs hangs in 9i

Does any one have a valid reason why a direct load operation through a dbms_job would stay at running state for days while the same completes in sqlplus in matter of minutes? The schema owner has create any table, insert any table , delete any table and plus DBA

Environment 9.2.0.7EE solaris.

Thanx,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

the key piece of information here is... Does your job completes whatever you want to accomplish with it?

If the answer is Yes, remember dbms_job processes will stay there forever just waiting for the next job to be executed.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

No, the job is sitting there. I'm skeptical it would ever finish. My puzzle is why when subitted through the job would take this long? If I were to re-write the direct insert statement to go through a cursor, it will all works fine.
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

You may want to check Metalink Note:1026586.6
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.