DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Import Table results in ORA-00936

Import Table results in ORA-00936

hi guys, I'm trying to import content only from a number of tables and it is resulting in the following log file for two out of 50 tables. I'm unsure as to what the cause would be as the 00936 relates to an expression missing or misused, yet I'm importing data so do not see how this can be relevant...

;;;
    Import: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tuesday, 20 March, 2007 16:46:07

Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
    ;;;
    Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
    Master table "SPFDATA"."SYS_IMPORT_TABLE_01" successfully loaded/unloaded
    Starting "SPFDATA"."SYS_IMPORT_TABLE_01": spfdata/******** TABLES=N2OBJEXT CONTENT=DATA_ONLY DUMPFILE=datadir2007:EXPDPSPFDATA_Load.dmp LOGFILE=datadir2007:importlogdata.txt
    Processing object type SCHEMA_EXPORT/TABLE/TABLE_DATA
    ORA-31693: Table data object "SPFDATA"."N2OBJEXT" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
    ORA-00936: missing expression
    Job "SPFDATA"."SYS_IMPORT_TABLE_01" completed with 1 error(s) at 16:46:13

This might be related...

Metalink Note #224309.1

Bug 1936817 Fixed In Ver: 10i
    =======================
    Abstract:
    Exp Spatial with NLS_LANG in Swedish Gives ORA-936 or PLS-103 During Import
    Details:
    If you get error 'ORA-936: missing expression' whilst importing an export dump which was generated with a different NLS_LANG & implicit NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS setting then you may be hitting this bug.
    If NLS_LANG is set to a language where NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=",."
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I don't think it's related to that fix;

"If you get error 'ORA-936: missing expression' whilst importing an export dump which was generated with a different NLS_LANG & implicit NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS setting then you may be hitting this bug.
    If NLS_LANG is set to a language where NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=",.""

The other tables were imported altogether with most passing and two giving this result. I then tried to import the tables explicitly and it resulted in the same error message. I'm still trying to gain access to Metalink through my company to search known issues and fixes, but any further help would be greatly appreciated.