DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Client <> Transaction Monitor <> RAC

Client <> Transaction Monitor <> RAC

Looking for something like a transaction monitor/manager that would sit between clients and a database server or RAC to abstract the connection because we need the transactions committed to more than one database...

Cool Committed, as in maried to?

Quote Originally Posted by halkuff View Post
    Looking for something like a transaction monitor/manager that would sit between clients and a database server or RAC to abstract the connection because we need the transactions committed to more than one database...
    What?
    Please clarify...

PS: External "monitor/manager" will NOT know of transactions committed in a database.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

We have a 4GL software package that can support 10g/11g and requires 9i. We are thinking middleware might be able to proxy the tranaction to a 10g/11g database... There used to be products that sat beween an oracle client and an oracle database and handled multi-database committs etc...

Cool Requires 9i????

Why would it "require" 9i? Have you tried installing on 11g?
    Oracle databases are (up to certain degree) backward compatible.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb