Dataguard
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dataguard

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    335

    Dataguard Stuck - Help!

    Ok 2 node 10.2.0.3 rac cluster on linux itanium (red hat) and a 1 node Rac physical standby database.

    Dataguard has been manually configured in max performance mode (standby redo logs not used) with port forwarding enabled.

    This has been working for over a month, then the box where the physical standby lives crashed.

    When we got it back, manually brought the standby up to date and then re-enabled dataguard. Switched a few logs on both instances and nothing is happening...no errors, nothing.

    Anyone have any ideas? I've tried defer, cancelling the automatic apply, bouncing the physical standby and re-enabling it again to no avail. I've checked the ports, connectivity and everything checks out. Indeed, I'm confused by the lack of errors in the alert log.

    I also have a sr open

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    7,447
    have you checked

    V$ARCHIVED_LOG
    V$DATAGUARD_STATUS

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    335
    Yes, no errors

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    7,447
    V$LOG_HISTORY? max(sequence#)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    21

    Dataguard

    Hi ,
    I think there should be something wrong in the configuration
    i understand that it worked fine earlier but then either it should throw an error in the alert log file or it should run fine

    i guess u need to check parameters 1)archive destination 2)fal server/client
    3)filemangement
    Check the tns on bothsides pointing properly to one another
    Last edited by girirajdba; 02-14-2007 at 06:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    335
    The max sequence on the standby is out by the current gap between the primary and standby...

    Just enabled tracing on one instance on the primary:

    ====================================
    Committing creation of archivelog '/oradata/EISERVER/archive/EISERVER0000071108_0002_0549805854.ARC'
    Invoking non-expedited destination LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 thread 2 sequence 71108 host EISERV01.NEPTUNE
    Wed Feb 14 10:18:10 2007
    ARC1: Completed archiving thread 2 sequence 71108 (23676678553-23676856652) (EISERV02)
    ARC1: Evaluating archive log 9 thread 2 sequence 71109
    ARC1: Destination LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 archival not expedited
    =====================================

    In the trace file seeing no errors, except:

    ====================================
    LNS processes have never been started
    ====================================

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    335
    That LNS processes never been started is just referring to lgwr, where we use the arch process to transfer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    335
    The configuration hasn't changed...I have checked and double checked.

    I have also checked tns connectivity from both ends and it is working. I'm at a complete loss.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    335
    Restarting the primary database has cured this.

    Lost all faith in dataguard, utterly ridiculous that I've had to bounce both primary instances to kickstart dataguard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width