DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passed Backup & Recovery

Hi Venu,
    Would you be able to share your Backup and Recovery material, iam planning to take up that exam,

Also, to all-
    Can i take the Backup and recovery exam first,i have not given any OCP exams so far.

thanks
    anand

Hi,

I have orcale 8 Permance and tuning STS prctice tests.
    any one interserted can contact me at pt_mukka@yahoo.com

ptmukka.

Question

Hi Venu,

This is the first time I am participating in this forum, although I have been reading it regularly for some time. I am going to start preparing for OCP (DBA Program), however need to ask you couple of questions, if I may?!

OK, I have the ILT course books and the Oracle 8 professional edition software. I have noticed that you prepared for OCP with the help of ILT books - could you tell me how to use them for best results. I have the five books with me (Oracle 8 student guide) used by Iinstructor lead training program. However, I am not sure how to make the best use of these.

I also have the STS, however do not know about Oracle Manuals.

How many hours a day should I put into preparation. Should I complete the whole book (SQL PL/SQL) and than take the practice test. The reason I am asking about the time required per day or week is that I have a family and want to be sure the time commitment for this course.

Lastely, congratulations to you on this accomplishment, and at the same time i wish you good luck for future exams. I will be very grateful to you for your help.

Amir

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vmuluka [/i]
    [B]Hello everyone !!

Passed Oracle 8 Back Up & Recovery (56/60) last week.

Ingrediants = ILT + Oracle Manuals + STS

I spent about a month and half to prepare for the exam. I found the subject to be very dry as I lack practical experince in this perticular area. As far as I noticed, atleast 20 questions are more or less from STS. I had to put some serious thinking into for about 10 questions. Any way, bottom line is that I managed to complete this test.

I am planning for the next exam (Performance Tuning) some time in Feb. In terms of toughness level, where does this stand ? How do we compare this exam with all other first three exams ? Any feed back from you guys/girls is greatly appreciated.

Also I am looking for somebody to share with me to buy STS for Oracle 8 Performance Tuning. OR I am willing to compensate, if sombody is ready to give it to me.

Thanks.
    Venu Muluka (vmuluk01@sprintspectrum.com)
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Angry Please help!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by synchrony [/i]
    [B]Hi Venu
    Congratulations - 56/60 is a really good score - unfortunately I cannot afford ILT s ...

I am sitting for the Oracle 8 Backup & Recovery exam on Jan 11 - Could you pls send me questions & Ans you remember- or from your STS before 10 Jan - 4 pm (USA Est) - esp RMAN ones - in return , I am willing to help you for the Tuning test - I have a bunch of practice questions from J.Couchman . ( I gather from general feedback that Tuning is the toughest of all exams - ) ...
    Good luck -

Hope you can help me too .

Hi, my friend:
    If you can give me some tips on backup&recovery and tuning, I will be very appreciated. Please email to john@ietla.com. I also have some tips for Architecture 8i if you need. Thanks...

[/B][/QUOTE]

Wink Braindumps

Congratulations for your test!
    Would you please send me some braindump question of the
    Backup and recovery?
    For return I can email you some braindumps of Tuning.
    My email is zileizhong@hotmail.com.
    Thanks.

Thumbs up Congrats

Hi Venu,
    Congrats Man!!! looks like u r in full swing.... onto finishing all the papers.... keep it up dude!!!...

are u the same venu who had posted some cartoons on kalluri's site.... they are really impressive.... let me know if u have something interesting on some other site....

vish

(vishvak_2000@yahoo.com)

Hi,
    Do you send those questions to kkadarius@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    kkr12.

Congrats !!