DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How i could install 6i developed application in Clients PC

How i could install 6i developed application in Clients PC

Hi,

During their works in form 6i and report in developer 2000 they have some question regarding their “Inventory” project? 1. How they could transfer their project or Application that they have developed earlier in (standalone PC) install to the client’s machine (.Fmx not .Fmb). Please tell me total packages or application that can work from client machine and where in clients machine I could install my application above-mentioned project? Your early respond will be highly appreciated.

Jubraz

Please any one can tell me ....???

jubraz

Forms 6i can be deployed in either client/server mode or as webforms.

Client/server mode requires that you install Forms 6i runtime on all the end users machines, before giving them the fmx's and plls/plxs for the project. When you change an fmx or whatever, this will also need replicating. The fmx/plls etc could be installed on a network drive, but the Forms 6i runtime will be a local install (registry settings etc).
    It is worth noting that this means an Oracle client sits on the PCs and that ultimately you now have no way of ensuring that the users ONLY use the forms you have written to access the database.

Webforms means you store the fmx/pll/plx files on an Application Server and the clients point their web browser at the Application Server and off they go. Well actually, they'll need to use either Oracle Jinitiator or Sun's JVM to run the Java that the Application Server sends to them, but the Application Server can give them that too.
    The webforms route means that the database can be restricted to only accept database connections from the application server (and maybe a couple of other machines for the DBAs) which is more secure.

Thanks guys I got u I will try it very soon!

Thanks

jubraz