DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: install Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Sun Solaris 8 and on Microsoft Windows Server 2003

install Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Sun Solaris 8 and on Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Hello,

I need to install Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Sun Solaris 8 and on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Following is the output on my Solaris machine when I pass the below mentioned commands.

bash-2.03$ uname -a
    SunOS solar1 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250

bash-2.03$ /bin/isainfo -kv
    64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules

Can you please suggest, From where can I download Oracle Software for that ?

When I see at the following site, I do not find Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.4) for SunSolaris/Windows. It is available only for Linux !
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/sof...e9i/index.html

I have oracle 9.2.0.1 installed on Solaris & Windows machines, so I understand that I can apply the patch oracle 9.2.0.4 or higher. But is this the only way to use oracle 9.2.0.4 or higher on Solaris 8 & Windows Server 2003??

What if I do not have access to Metalink to download the pacth?

Thanks a lot,
    Jacky.

You have to install the older version, then download the correct patches from metalink and install them. Don't forget the critical patch updates, one just came out last week.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jacky

Oracle9

Hi,

all the patches are available on :
    metalink.oracle.com
    You have to know your valid license to create an account. Then go to the Patches and Updates and Simple search.
    The latest and final patch for oracle9 is 9.2.0.8

Regards,
    Richard.
    "Whenever you want to learn the basics about Oracle - start from the Oracle Concepts Guide."