Hi,

I have Oracle Database 10g R2 running on Linux AS4 U4. I am taking export of the full database by using DBMS_DATAPUMP package and for that I have created a procedure. The procedure is working fine when I issue the following command on the instance ABC:
EXEC proc_name;
To execute proc_name procedure automatically I have submited a job by using the following statements on the instance ABC:

Variable jobno number
BEGIN
DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(:jobno, 'proc_name;', TRUNC(SYSDATE)+1, 'TRUNC(SYSDATE)+1');
COMMIT;
END;
/

The problem that I am facing is that this job is not executing the proc_name procedure on the scheduled time. I have implemented the same thing on 2 other instances on a different server with the same database version and release and OS and its working fine on both of those instances, but not on this instance ABC.

Following is some supporting info:

In init.ora: job_queue_processes=10

Not a single error message in the alert.log file. When I issued EXEC proc_name; the following lines were added in the alert.log:

kupprdp: master process DM00 started with pid=20, OS id=5225
to execute - SYS.KUPM$MCP.MAIN('TIMS_EXP_FULL15Jan2007_1434', 'SYS', 'KUPC$C_1_20070115143431', 'KUPC$S_1_20070115143431', 0);
kupprdp: worker process DW01 started with worker id=1, pid=21, OS id=5227
to execute - SYS.KUPW$WORKER.MAIN('TIMS_EXP_FULL15Jan2007_1434', 'SYS');

select * from dba_jobs;
>>>> This important info is given below:
JOB = 22
LOG_USER=SYS
PRIV_USER=SYS
SCHEMA_USER=SYS
LAST_DATE=
LAST_SEC=
THIS_DATE=
THIS_SEC=
NEXT_DATE=16-JAN-07
NEXT_SEC=00:00:00
TOTAL_TIME=0
BROKEN=N
INTERVAL=TRUNC(SYSDATE)+1
FAILURES=
WHAT=PROC_NAME;

As you can see that in the NEXT_DATE it was scheduled to run on 16-JAN-07 but it didn't run on that date and time and it is still showing the backdate in the NEXT_DATE.

Just to clerify:
SELECT TO_CHAR(NEXT_DATE, 'DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') FROM DBA_JOBS;

TO_CHAR(NEXT_DATE,'D
--------------------
16-JAN-2007 00:00:00

--Khan.