DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: db recovery

db recovery

Hi,

we have 9i db in win2000.Today my c drive is crashed where my oracle is installed. However all my db files and ctl and redo are in different drives. We have reinstalled win2000 in c drive.Now how to restore my db.

Thanks

Change the spfile/init.ora file to point to the existing control file(s), startup and be happy :-)

Hi

THanks for your reply. In this i would like to mention that even before crash also my db files,redo and ctl files were in the same location only. What i wanted to convey is only my c drive is crashed where windows and oracle were installed in my c drive and my dbf and ctl files are in e and f drives which is intact.

If i install oracle with s/w only option and try to start the db whether it will work.

Thanks.

Wink

Hi,
    Re-Create the service using oradim.

Hi

What about my ctl and dbf . whether it will be in recovery stage. If i reinstall oracle , re-create thr oradim and start the db whether it will work.

Thanks

Whether or not the Db will need recovery action depends on the state it was in when your server crashed (i.e. was it open/were users running transactions etc) - the only way to find out is to try to open it. If it needs recovering it will tell you so when you try to open it.

If you then need help recovering it just ask