DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed, TNS-00507 Connection closed

ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed, TNS-00507 Connection closed

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded from 9.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.1 on a W2K box. The upgrade went through fine but i am gettin the above error when i try and connect like below from the 9i home using the 9i LISTENER to the upgraded 10g db (connecting without service name works fine from 9i to 10g):

sqlplus usn/pass@servicename

The sqlnet.log shows:
    Tns error struct: 0
    ns main err code: 12564
    TNS-12537: TNS:connectio closed
    ns secondary err code: 12560
    nt main err code: 507
    TNS-00507: connection closed
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0

The 507 implies:

Cause: An internal operation did not commence because to do so would block the current process and the user has requested that operations be non-blocking.

Action: None needed; this is an information message.

TNS-00507 Connection closed

However in this scenario what could be causing this to happen, as i get kicked out? I deleted the 9i Windows service and created a new one for 10g as part of the upgrade. As a workaround (will be the solution eventually) i created a 10g listener and this allowed me to connect fine to the 10g box. I can tnsping (9i utility) to the 10g db. Its only when I add the service name the error happens.

Any advice will be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Chucks_k

I do not understood, is everything fine when using 10G listener?
    I belive 9i listener does not supports 10g database. Just use 10g listener. Allways the higher listener version supports lower DB versions but not the opposite

Hi,

Yes u r correct, i am trying to connect to the 10g db via the 9i listener. I also have a listener running on 10g. This works fine. However we still have some 9i dbs which still require upgrading, hence i was trying to just use the 9i listener for the 10g db. Eventually it will all be 10g. I did not know 9i listener could not work for 10g dbs.

Thanks,
    Chucks