DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manually adding listener to srvctl

Manually adding listener to srvctl

Hi,

Does anyone know the correct syntax for manually adding listeners to srvctl in a RAC environment?

srvctl add nodeapps....?

The docs etc suggest you can do it, but don't provide the syntax.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Barry

I don't actually think you have to add them manually. If you start\stop the database, all associated listeners will be started\stopped along with it.
    Assistance is Futile...

You do, sorry should have said this 10gR2 RAC. When we reboot the box everything else starts up automatically except the listeners. Running the srvctl config commands shows the listeners aren't registered.

Tried it (9i RAC/SRVCTL) and you are absolutely right... I think our listeners restart due to their presence in listener.conf, which obviously has nothing to do with srvctl. I don't have any clustered 10g instances to have a play around with, but I see your point, having read the docs, it seems to show how to start and stop them, but not register them (which is probably where I got the impression they didn't need to be). I would suggest that your guess won't be too far from it though (srvctl add nodeapps -n node -l).

Anyone else know?
    Last edited by waitecj; 11-06-2006 at 11:05 AM.
    Assistance is Futile...

Ok, you cannot do this at the command line in 10gR2.

The only to way to register the listener with the clusterware stack is by creating the listener with netca in the firstplace.

Thanks,
    Bazza