DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: configure parameter

configure parameter

could some one tell me how to configure the
    db_block_checkpoint_batch
    i am using oracle 8

From oracle Documentation

DB_BLOCK_CHECKPOINT_BATCH specifies the number of buffers that will be added to each batch of buffers that DBWR writes in order to advance checkpoint processing.

Reducing DB_BLOCK_CHECKPOINT_BATCH prevents the I/O system from being flooded with checkpoint writes and allows other modified blocks to be written to disk. Setting it to a higher value allows checkpoints to complete more quickly.

In general, DB_BLOCK_CHECKPOINT_BATCH should be set to a value that allows the checkpoint to complete before the next log switch takes place. If a log switch takes place every 20 minutes, then this parameter should be set to a value that allows check pointing to complete within 20 minutes.

Setting DB_BLOCK_CHECKPOINT_BATCH to zero causes the default value to be used. If an overly large value is specified for this parameter, Oracle (silently) limits it to the number of blocks that can be written in a database writer write batch.
    This can be added in initialzation parameter file.
    I believe this parameter is obsolete from 8i onwards.
    There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and benchmarks...

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.

Oracle DBA

Thank u sir

Thank you sir