listener password in oracle 7x
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: listener password in oracle 7x

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    184

    listener password in oracle 7x

    Dear All,


    How to set listener password for oracle 7x.

    I am trying the following:

    lsnrctl>change_password
    old password:
    new password: ***
    Reenter New Password: ***
    lsnrctl>set password
    Enter password: ***
    The command completed successfully
    lsnrctl>save_config
    Unknown command type "help"

    when i type "help", it doesnt show save_config as a command in oracle 7x.

    Please advise.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    184
    Any updates from anyone, I am in midst of an ISO Audit and need to set password for all the listeners..

    ANy help in this regard is appreciated

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boracay
    Posts
    681
    What OS r u running it dear?
    wow...i really impressed reading orace 7 questions...this means oracle 7 is still very stable. Does it run on windows XP? or is it
    supported in latest unix OS?
    Behind The Success And Failure Of A Man Is A Woman

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    62
    From the manual:

    LSNRCTL> SAVE_CONFIG [listener_name]
    Arguments
    [listener_name]: Specify the listener name, if the default name of LISTENER is not used.

    Are you using the default name for LISTENER?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by cis_groupie
    From the manual:

    LSNRCTL> SAVE_CONFIG [listener_name]
    Arguments
    [listener_name]: Specify the listener name, if the default name of LISTENER is not used.

    Are you using the default name for LISTENER?

    There is no command SAVE_CONFIG in oracle 7x.

    ANything else, you can help me with

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by yxez
    What OS r u running it dear?
    wow...i really impressed reading orace 7 questions...this means oracle 7 is still very stable. Does it run on windows XP? or is it
    supported in latest unix OS?
    It is HP-Unix 10.5 ... Long Back

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gourock, Scotland
    Posts
    102
    From a LSNRCTL for NX Version 7: Version 2.1.4.1.0 session (Oracle 7.3.4):

    LSNRCTL> help
    The following operations are available
    An asterisk (*) denotes a modifier or extended command:

    start stop status services version reload
    trace spawn quit exit cancel* repeat*
    set* show*

    As you say, there is no save_config - perhaps it's saved by default in that release?
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCunningham
    From a LSNRCTL for NX Version 7: Version 2.1.4.1.0 session (Oracle 7.3.4):

    LSNRCTL> help
    The following operations are available
    An asterisk (*) denotes a modifier or extended command:

    start stop status services version reload
    trace spawn quit exit cancel* repeat*
    set* show*

    As you say, there is no save_config - perhaps it's saved by default in that release?
    You are partly right maybe, you are right in saying the listener password is set, but it does not put an entry inside listener.ora file, which signifies the password is not hardcoded.

    As soon as you stop the listener once after you set the password, the Security clause goes into "OFF" state and the listener password is no longer valid ....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    184
    Any inputs from anybody ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width