DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM Ping Agents?

OEM Ping Agents?

Is there a way to set up the oem server to do a ping agent of all the databases that oem is monitoring. I dont want to have to manually right click on each db in the morning to. If there is a was to do ping agent at command line I could put it into a job run by oem every morning but I cant find any documentation on this.

thanks in advance,
    SMD

why do you want to do that?

I want to know that the agents on all of the nodes I am monitoring are actually being monitored. We have had instances when we didnt get alerts because the agent wasnt running or the out of sync error.

--SMD

Cool

One of the OEM "database down" events checks if the agent is up or down and sends alert.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

I am on 9i, I dont see anything in the "Database UpDown" event, there are no prameters to set, only scheduling. Is this a 10g feature?

--SMD

Cool

Currently our 9i OEM server is under re-construction, but I do remember there is an event to check the agent (maybe under Node UpDown?).
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

I found it, and its working perfectly! Thanks a ton!

--SMD