DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SQL*Plus commands in SSH

Question SQL*Plus commands in SSH

I am attmpted to perform a few thinks in SSH that work fine in SQL*Plus but giving me absolute grief in SSH. It's version 9i (not sure if it makes a difference).

1. I need to run a script from a text file in ssh and the @c:\filename.ext doesn't work

2. I can't seem to get any edit function to work. "pico" nor "vi" will respond.

Should I be using sql statements or unix statement. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by DBA_LA; 09-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DBA_LA
    I am attmpted to perform a few thinks in SSH that work fine in SQL*Plus but giving me absolute grief in SSH. It's version 9i (not sure if it makes a difference).

1. I need to run a script from a text file in ssh and the @c:\filename.ext doesn't work

2. I can't seem to get any edit function to work. "pico" nor "vi" will respond.

Should I be using sql statements or unix statement. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Are you telling me that there is no "C:\" drive in Unix??? You need to change that to the relative or absolute path in Unix. Just a hint it might start with either "./" or "/".

If you type which pico or which vi at the ssh prompt what happens. You should have vi in your path.