DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM Login Issue

ebrian,

I get the same results when I try ipaddress:5500/em or host.domain:5500/em -- "Enterprise Manager is not able to connect to the database instance." Agent Connections to Instance - Status Unavailable.
    Therefore, I don't think I am having DNS issue.

Any other ideas??

Thanks again.

You mentioned the SYSMAN & SYSTEM (possibly DBSNMP) accounts were locked. You should unlock these accounts and restart the DBconsole:
    Code:
    set oracle_sid=<sid>
    emctl stop dbconsole
    emctl start dbconsole
    You'll notice a nmupm.exe process running which typically uses SYSTEM/MANAGER to connect to the database. If you have changed the password from MANAGER, you should run the following to inform the process of the new password:
    Code:
    operfcfg.exe -U SYSTEM -P <password> -D <tns_alias>
    You may also want to review the log files created in %oracle_home%\<hostname_sid>\sysman\log directory.

I stopped/started the dbconsole. I unlocked the sysman account and then after much, much, perusing of Oracle's documentation discovered my error. If you change the sysman password outside of the EM (I did it in SQLPlus) you lose your agent connection to the EM. I changed the password back to my original password, stopped and restarted the dbconsole and now the EM displays my database status correctly.

I suspect running your command would have been easier

Thank you again, ebrian, for all your help.

Hi Cindy...i like this topic ...let me bookmark it, coz i may need it someday ....i like the way u talk too, very cool calm and collected
    (my idol) i guess u make an excellent instructor. u know, teaching is
    my great obsession
    Last edited by yxez; 09-06-2006 at 08:43 PM.