DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM Login Issue

OEM Login Issue

I am an instructor for a local College of Technology. I am supporting Oracle 10g release 2. I created a database some time ago for one of my classes. All went well and worked correctly. Recently, I added another database using the DBCA. Now, I cannot access the OEM attached to the database I first created. When I try to login I get an error message stating: "The application requires more database privileges than you have currently been granted. Click on Help to get more version specific information." I have tried to login as sys, and system. When I try to login in as sysman I receive the error message: "ORA-28000: the account is locked". I never locked the account and I had been able to access the OEM prior to this point. I can still access the database via SQL Plus -- but I need the OEM. Can anybody help me? What went wrong? I can access the OEM for the new database I added.

Thank you for your help.

Cindy

What version of OEM are you using?

10g

My server was rebooted. When the server came back up, I was able to get into the OEM. However, my database was down. Upon restart it opened - but would not start. My listener is up, my agent connection to the instance is down.

Actually, by version I meant if you are using DB Console of OEM or the OEM Java Console. I'll assume you are talking about the DB Console? Given that, when you created the new database with DBCA it probably didn't assign a new port for the new database. If not, you should set the ORACLE_SID and the run:

Code:
    emca -reconfig ports -DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT <new_port#>

Thank you - I'll give it a try.

Before I reconfig the port, I have a question.

I am using the DB console and I am in the Windows environment. When I open the Database control for my original database, the DB console is displayed using the following URL: host.domain:5500/em What the DB console tells me is my listener is up but my agent connection to the instance is down.

When I open the Database control for my new database, the DB console is displayed using the following URL: host.domain:1158/em. I am able to log into the OEM for this database.

Doesn't that mean that my new database was indeed assigned a new port and that port was 1158?

Cindy

That's correct Cindy. If OEM seems to show the incorrect status of components, you may want to ensure that the hostname is getting resolved correctly. If you tried http://ipaddress:1158/em and it shows the correct status, then you may want to add the hostname into the local hosts file or ensure DNS is resolving the name correctly.

Instructor or the instructee?!?

ebrian -- thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

bazza -- aren't we all an instructee at some time in this game?