DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Adding a DB to an Oracle Management server

Adding a DB to an Oracle Management server

This may sound like a stupid question, but I used the DBCA to create a new database on a server that has several DB's allready. All 9i Db's. I hasd set up an Oracle management server and have two nodes using it. If I launch a stand alone instance of enterprise manager the new DB appears in the tree. I checked the servers TNSnames file and the service is in their. When I log into the OMS I don't see the database. I don't see an option to add the db. Any advice?

Discover nodes will add the new db's.

Refresh all nodes would also do it if you refresh the node you want and ignore the ones through skip.
    Last edited by dbasan; 08-11-2006 at 02:12 PM.
    "What is past is PROLOGUE"

OK, here is what I did. The node that has the database was allready there, as a matter of fact it's the machine running the OMS. I deleted the node from the server restarted the management server service (Windows 2000 server ) and went to discover the node. It won't discover automatically I get this error. Discovery Failed VD-4520: Targets with the same name have allready been discovered. Now I not only don't have the new DB but I lost the others.

Did you start the agents?

yes I did and I still get the same error.

Two db's having same name can result in this error, though they are in different nodes.

For further refer Metalink doc 307850.1

I don't have two databases with the same name. I just want to get the node back and there is no database on the node I am trying to discover with the same name.