hi
i query the v$process and it is showing me that one process is using
757600845 bytes of memory as i see it in PGA_ALLOC_MEM column and almost same value is in PGA_USED_MEM column,
when i mapped this process ID to the session in V$SESSION view, it was an application running through my application server 9i (A web base application written in PL/SQL web toolkit and is run using DADs from oracle application server 9i running on windows 2000)
I dont understand how this session is using this much PGA memory and my workarea_size_policy is AUTO and pga_aggregate_target is

When i see many sessions eating up memory as their PGA is of same size i mentioned above, Server begins to slowdown and then i see "kswapd0" process on the top of all processes in my "top" command's window. what does it do?

Can you please explain?

Second thing is that my this application is a web base and in username column i only see OS User name by which i logged into my application server(windows based) machine and started the application server instance and in machine name column, it displayas the application server name.
Is it possible that i coould actually see that from which client machinet his application was called?
Regards