DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8.1.7 Doc

Does anyone if we could still download Oracle Online Documents in ZIP format? I used to download from ftp but seems like Oracle stopped that service.
    I was trying to download 8.1.7 docs since Technet only sends the binary CD to our company but not the docs!

I am sorry if my answer would not help you but can't you get to Technical Libraries if you can get to Technet? I am sure you can if you have a csi number to connect... ->
    Technical Libraries -> Oracle Server Enterprise Edition -> UNIX (or Microsoft depending what you need) -> Product Documentation -> Oracle Enterprise Server Product Documentation Oracle8i Release 3 (8.1.7)
    You will have ALL of those books but in .pdf format not ZIP.

Alla S. Pfauntsch
    Oracle DBA
    ========================================
    "Life is what happens while you are planning something else".

All the platforms Oracle Enterprise Edition Binarys Package include Generic documentation of that version. Even Enterprize Manager Package includes the documentation. Here you go with the link...and login in with technet membership you get the following documentation sets. First set has all 817 documentation.

[url]http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_index.htm[/url]

General Documentation, Release 3 (8.1.7)
    HTML PDF Oracle8i Server and JServer Documentation sets

Windows, Release 3(8.1.7)
    PDF Installation Guide
    HTML PDF Release Notes
    HTML Readme for RDBMS
    TXT Readme for Net8
    TXT Readme for JDBC
    TXT Readme for Java VM
    TXT Readme for ASO

Sun SPARC Solaris, Release 3 (8.1.7)
    PDF Installation Guide
    PDF Administrator's Reference
    HTML Release Notes
    HTML Readme for RDBMS
    TXT Readme for Net8
    TXT Readme for JDBC
    TXT Readme for Java VM
    TXT Readme for ASO

----
    ----

I can access those, usually before 8i when technet send CDs to technet partners it included everything including the online documents, from 8.1.5 we have not received any document CD except the binaries.
    Before ftp.oracle.com went down I was able to download these HTML DOCS (they were named 815doc.zip, 816doc.zip around 200MB each) but now seems like they dont offer this service anymore and that´s why I was asking if anyone knows if there still anyway to download it instead of browing these online. I have all the PDF already but they are hard to browse compare to HTML version of DOCS also I believe PDF is not 100% complete.