A client of ours in Knoxville, TN, is positioning itself to triple in size over the next 5 years! Due to growing demands, they are currently searching for two Oracle ETL Developers to be responsible for data warehouse ETL development, deployment, and monitoring. Successful candidates will work with the team to design the ETL process and exception handling.
Functions and Responsibilities:
· Works with data architect to identify and understand source data systems
· Maintains maps of source system data to target system rules associated with ETL processes
· Develops and tests extraction, transformation, cleansing, and load (ETL) processes for data warehouse
· Defines and captures meta data
· Adapts ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business requirements
· Champions the use of ETL standards across the IT organization
· Maintain and enhance existing data extraction, cleansing, transformation, and loading processes to improve efficiency.
· Identify and investigate data quality/integrity problems, determine impact and provide solutions to problems.
· Manage ETL defects, enhancement, and new functionality requests to meet changes in the business needs.
· Create ETL deployment instructions including failure recovery procedure, and monitor successful data load of each ETL deployment.
· Assist Quality Assurance teams in developing test scripts and test plans for validating the quality/integrity of loaded data.
· Provide post-conversion/post-migration support and perform functional/data discrepancy analysis as needed.
· Proficient in designing, developing, and implementing ETL solutions and providing quality data services, Oracle Warehouse Builder preferred.
· Proficient in analyzing business/data requirements, writing metadata definitions, and writing data mapping specifications.
· Minimum 3 years experience in querying and analyzing data sources to understand the data and determine logic for data transformations.
· Familiarity with Oracle data warehousing features such materialized views, bitmap indexes, IOTs, external tables, etc. especially as ETL pertains to them
· Experience with Oracle 10G or 9I preferred
· Proficient in data analysis, defect identifications and resolutions
· Excellence in oral/written communications, interpersonal relations, and team cooperation
This is a direct hire position in the $75-$95,000 salary range, in Knoxville, TN, where the cost of living is much lower than Maryland. Relocation assistance is available, along with an excellent benefit package.
To be considered, please forward a current resume (Word doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know colleagues who may be interested and qualified, please forward this opportunity to their attention.